From 25th August, 2017 the RBI is issuing the new 200 rupee note in the Mahatma Gandhi series , bearing the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, RBI governor.
“The central government hereby specifies the denominating of bank notes of the value of Rs 200. “, a Gazette notification said about the new 200 rupee note.
Reports say that people are facing problems using the Rs 2,000. But, sufficient amount of smaller notes of Rs 100 and Rs 500 are not available. So, the notification issued under section 24 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. The notification stated on the recommendation of the central Board of Directors of RBI. Earlier, Minister of State for Finance told IANS that the Rs 200 note will be on circulation soon.
12 things you should know about the New 200 rupee note :
- From 25th August, 2017 the RBI is issuing the new 200 rupee note in the Mahatma Gandhi series.
- The base color of the note is bright Yellow.
- The new note also have a logo of Swachh Bharat or Clean India Campaign.
- This banknote has the Sanchi Stupa motif on the reverse side.
- Size of the note is 66mm × 146mm.
- This note bears the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, RBI Governor.
- The plan for Rs 200 notes was cleared by the Ministry of Finance, the design approved by the PMO.
- The note has see-through register with numeral 200, also printed in Devanagari.
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre.
- Micro letters ‘RBI‘, ‘India‘, ‘भारत‘, and ‘200‘ is printed on the note.
- The color of the thread changes from Green to Blue when note tilts.
- For the visually impaired, raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised identification mark H with micro-text 200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on the left and right sides.
Read more about the 200 rupees note here.
For more Daily NEWS, Sports News and Tech NEWS subscribe and visit Trending Story Today and Follow us on social media.